Monday, January 12, 2009

Monastic Journal - Day 2

1/8

Today started very early--7:30am. A little too early for my sleep schedule. We started off with breakfast with all the brothers of the house, and then we moved into morning prayer. This was a great time of consecrating my day to God, and starting it off by worshiping Him. I enjoyed this time a lot. I think I'm already getting more used to the charismatic worship. I felt more comfortable praying out loud today and freeing my spirit to worship God. I'm still struggling though with connecting with God through chanting the psalms. I find it very peaceful and relaxing, but as a form of worship I haven't yet grasped it.

This morning we had teachings by both Tadgh and Brian. Brian talked to us about Christ as our foundation. It really struck me how I can have all these things as foundations of my spiritual life (such as prayer, worship, study and knowledge of Scripture, etc.), but if Christ is not the foundation of these things, then they are worthless.

After lunch, we worked with Mike Kramer on the garage, organizing and cleaning it out. I'm glad they've been putting us to work here, not treating us like guests but like members of their family.

It's been good getting to know some of the other men here. I love hearing their stories of how God has worked in their lives and brought them here.

*SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment