Friday, November 28, 2008

I'm Thankful for...

Breaks from school and all the stress that comes from my responsibilities and commitments there.

My family and how much closer I've grown to them this past year.

My friends at HU, some of the best people I know on earth.

My friendships here at home that have stood the tests of time and distance, and even grown stronger.

Sigur Ros' music, which moves me like none other.

Leftover turkey sandwiches.

Late nights at Johnson's Junction.

Playing guitar and singing in the stairwell, which makes my playing and my voice sound awesome (when they're really not).

Laughter, especially the uncontrollable kind.

Really good naps.

The low price of gas right now.

Pretty much all of the faculty/staff/administration at HU. They are awesome, and I know that they really care.

Singleness.

The things that I learn and can apply to my life.

Joel and Justin's womb.

People who are encouraging.

A God who continually forgives and loves and works in me despite how much I screw up.

The Church, and efforts toward unity in the Body of Christ.

God who has called me and chooses to work through me.

The sacrifice of Jesus Christ for my sake and for the sake of His Church, reconciling God's people to Himself.

Freedom in Christ.

The hope of a new creation.



There are lots others, I'm sure, but I can't think of them right now. I have so much to thank God for. My hope is that this gratitude doesn't only express itself one day out of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment