Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Great Discussion

Just finished up a great conversation with my wonderful friend Steve via Facebook messaging. Steve and i have a history of arguments that can get a tad nasty, but i think we've learned that we really are good to keep each other in check when we both try to act like we know what we're talking about. I really enjoy the discussions we have when we both seek to find the Truth in what the Lord is teaching us both, and it's great because we rarely agree fully.

This most recent discussion stemmed from a letter by C.S. Lewis that discussed just war from a Christian standpoint. Our discussion then dives into issues of just war, pacifism, authority, and the relationship of the Church and the State. You can view our discussion in its entirety here. I would recommend taking a look at it. I like it, anyways. I love talking about this stuff, it can get me all riled up, so feel free to add to the discussion!

No comments:

Post a Comment