Sunday, March 29, 2009

A New Fad

Off the top of my head, I can think of 10 couples (!) that are friends of mine or that I have some decent connection to that are engaged, including one that just happened last night at the Jr/Sr Formal. Now, call me heartless here, but living on a Christian college campus where you're almost expected to be engaged by the time you get out of here, engagements seem like a dime-a-dozen, and they don't even seem that special anymore. Oh, yep, figured that one was going to happen soon. Congrats. Woop-de-doo. I'm very glad for all of them, but if it's what's expected of us, and everyone's doing it, then it almost seems to me (at least, from my outside POV) to not be that big of a deal. Being engaged just isn't that cool anymore. It's just what happens when you get to this age. Which leads me to only one logical conclusion:

Single is the new engaged.

Tell your friends. We're bringing it back.




(Sorry if this offends any of my engaged friend. I love you all, and I'm very happy for you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment