Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Plans

So I always thought that right after college here at Huntington, I would go directly to seminary, wherever that might be. That's just always been my assumption as the logical thing to do. I still feel very strongly of my call into ministry and the need to go to seminary, but lately I've been thinking that maybe I want to take a few years off after college and have adventures before seminary and the real world. First off, I would want to go live in Ireland with the monks of the Servants of the Word (the same guys we stayed with in Michigan over J-term) for a year or two as a guest, and work to pay off loans. I need to look into this with them. Then, just the other night, I had the inspiration that I think it would be super awesome to be a truck driver. So maybe I'll want to do that after I get back from Ireland. Traveling the country, meeting all sorts of people, lots of alone time with just me and the LORD...I could deal with that. I just have this sense that I want to have adventures--not the Indiana Jones type necessarily, but to go exploring new places, to see new things, to experience the world. And after college when I'm still not settled down or held back by anything would be the perfect time to do it.

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails."
Proverbs 19:21

LORD, do with me as you will. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment