Monday, July 14, 2008

Blown Away

I love those moments when the love of God just blows me away. When, in a moment of perfect clarity, I know why I'm living for this, why I want to work so hard for this. When nothing else could seem more real than the powerful and life-changing presence of God right there with me. When I know, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that this God, this Savior, this Lord, is the One that holds everything together and still loves me enough to give it all up.

Amazing.

This God--who so often has the ability to completely blow me away and break down every barrier that keeps me from Him--is my everything. He is my reason, my source, and my purpose. He is the Alpha and Omega of my life, and all things in my life are by Him and for Him.

And all this for how often I sin against Him. How often I turn my back and do my own thing. How often I blatantly and purposefully disregard Him. He still loves. "Yet now he has reconciled you to himself through the death of Christ in his physical body. As a result, he has brought you into his own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault" (Colossians 1:22). His loving eyes look past all my sin and flaws and see me as holy, without fault at all. This blows my mind.

This is something worth living for. Giving everything for. Doing the work it requires to be a disciple for. It's worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that brotha!

    My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense -- Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

    1 John 2:1-2

    AUSTRALIA ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete