Monday, March 29, 2010

Writing

So far I'm really enjoying my Creative Non-Fiction class this semester. Writing is always something that I've always wanted to do and felt that I'm decent at, but never had the patience to sit down and do in a quality manner. The class so far has really stretched me, showing me that the quality of writing mostly lies within hard work in revisions. And it's nice to have an outlet for creativity, which sometimes I don't realize I have.

Our first writing project was a personal memoir. After all the revisions and reworkings, the professor actually chose my work as the top in the class, which is pretty cool for a newbie! If you would like, you can read that work here. The second one we wrote was a biography and/or character sketch, which I wrote on my grandpa. This one I felt rushed to turn in and didn't do the greatest quality effort on, so I'm not as proud of. But we'll see what the revisions can make of it. I'm hopeful that when I graduate I'll have more time to just do some writing on my own and see where that takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment